Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yellow Squash Casserole

So Jon's Mom sent a bag of yellow squash home with me from Arkansas. My Mom has a wonderful recipe for Squash Casserole and thus the cravings began... :)

Yellow Squash Recipe

1 Stick of butter, melted
2 Cups cooked Yellow Squash (I fry in skillet on stove til slightly browned)
1 Medium onion, diced *optional! :)
8oz Sour Cream
1/4 bag of Corn Bread Stuffin' Mix (dry, not cooked)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix everything together, using only half of stuffing mix. Put the rest of the stuffing mix on as a topping & bake for 45 min to 1 hr. Enjoy!

Jon doesn't like this casserole (not a big veggie fan) so since it made a thin 9x13 pan, and I had been craving it so bad, I ate half of it that night for dinner. I ate the other half for lunch the next day. Will be a few weeks before I try to make it again. :)

No comments: